Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 3 - Long Day


Today I had to travel to Rochester Minnesota for work. Started out okay. There is a Thai food place at Terminal 2 in San Diego that is so good! The first time I asked for no oil was about a month ago. At first the person at the register said they can't but the chef overheard and said he could, and told me how he was going to do it. He sounded excited that he could do it for me! The next couple times, including today, the person taking my order just says okay like it's nothing. They do red rice with tofu and vegetables.

Then I get to Chicago. I have always liked Chicago airport, many good restaurants. But today provided me a different experience. I passed a bunch of places to eat while looking for my gate. There was nothing near my gate to eat-just a Starbucks, so I went back. First restaurant I run into was Wolfgang Pucks. They didn't have whole wheat pasta and their other dishes were meat. Next was Macaroni Grill. Same answer there. I was so surprised they didn't have whole wheat pasta. I wonder if it's because it's an airport location? Then I saw a chilis. I thought they might have beans and vegetables I could get. No go there. Their menu is full of meat and dairy. I went back to Wolfgang Pucks to ask about a baked potato, I thought if they had that with vegetables, that would be good. They don't have that either and recommended a burrito place in the food court. So I walked to the food court. The burrito place had lettuce but all their vegetables were cooked in oil. I ended up getting lettuce, beans and salsa from them, then went next door to a salad place and got a bunch more raw vegetables from there. Turned out pretty good!

After flight delays, I didn't get to my hotel in Rochester until about 11:30pm so no exercising again today, but walking back and forth between all those restaurants in the airport, with all my luggage, I think I burned some calories. Now for a piece of engine2 crispbread with some tea and bed.



I am interested to know other's experiences with eating out, if you have any, please share!

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment