Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 1

Day 1 of the challenge. I left the house at 6am, didn't get up in time for breakfast but there's a nice supermarket near where I had to work in Newport Beach today so I wanted to get food there. It's called Mother's Market and I always go when I am in the area. I was able to get a tofu scramble and asked no oil (but didn't end up eating it yet, breakfast tomorrow). The guy must have heard that before because he just said okay and kept going. It did make me wonder, how do I know he really put that request in and that the chef's didn't use oil?  I think if they used a bit for nonsticking or whatever, I wouldn't really be able to tell the difference for some things. Guess we just have to ask and hope.  This location doesn't have a salad bar, just an area to pick out food. Almost everything is made with oil. I got fruit salad and there was a kale salad with a macadamia and cashew nut dressing so got that. They also sold a brown rice and beans item with no oil listed in the ingredients so that all worked out!

I was excited for dinner, there's an awesome restaurant near UCLA I always go to when I visit there called http://nativefoods.com/I found out there's one 2 miles from where I was working in Newport Beach today. But when I went they said every item is made with oil. They told me last week someone came in wanting no oil so they did a curry bowl with black beans instead of tofu since the tofu must be cooked in oil. I got that (pictured-has kale, cauliflower, brown rice, beans, zucchini).
The curry sauce has a bit of oil in it though. They put it on the side. I admit, I used half of what they gave me. I also got their taco salad with extra salsa instead of dressing and that was so good! I always get dessert there but I chose well and passed. 





I checked into the Doubletree where I'm staying tonight and I am offered one of their famous, tasty, warm cookies. I said no thank you quickly and right away. Put that away before I have time to be too tempted! They also gave me a free drink coupon Ahh! temptation everywhere. But now I am in my warm cozy room with my healthy Native Foods cafe food and know on Day 1, I did all right.

Extras:
Ran/jogged 1.5 miles
20 minutes strength training
2 liters water

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment