Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 12-Valentines Day

Nice day today.  I worked at home, had oatmeal and raisins for breakfast. I did have a cup of coffee. I haven't had any since the challenge started. Before I usually had 1 cup of coffee a day. I decided to give it up for the challenge. No withdrawal effects or feeling "I need my coffee" or anything like that, so good to know the caffeine didn't affect me that way. Sometimes I just enjoy the taste of having a nice cup of coffee in the morning so went back to it. I will continue not having coffee while traveling, just when I'm home if I feel like it so it'll only be 2 or 3 days a week. Sometimes I don't even have a whole cup so I feel okay about this.

Lunch I didn't feel like cooking anything and no leftovers from dinner last night so I just had a Mr McDougalls soup. His products are a bit high in sodium. On Engine2Extra, a coach suggested if I have them I use half the spices packet provided and add more vegetables. I added a bunch of frozen vegetables (broccoli, peas, some beans, etc.), but I did add all the spices.

Snack I had one Engine2 Crispbread.

I did the Insanity class I didn't do yesterday. Went all right, stopped with 8 minutes left (one last 4 minute exercise and I think the last 4 minute stretching). Oh well, try to keep doing a bit more each time!

Dinner was awesome! Made these eggplant rolls from Fo Reals Life.  They were soooo good! The spinach filling was excellent! Had it with whole wheat pasta mixed with cooked peppers (green and red).
http://forealslife.com/blog/spinach-stuffed-eggplant-rolls


For dessert I made this beautiful raw tart.

Wow!  Next time I go to a party or need a dessert for something, this is what I'm making. It's pretty simple to make and is probably the prettiest dessert I ever made! Not to mention it tastes awesome! My husband loved it as well!
http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2012/12/vanilla-blueberry-tart_28.html#.UvmfAPk7v0s

#E2Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment