Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 15- Traveling to Boise

Today I came to Boise for work this week. Left around 8:15 this morning so I had my usual oatmeal with raisins before leaving. No coffee.

I picked up the rice with vegetables and tofu from Saffron in San Diego airport for lunch later. My layover was in San Francisco but I know and like Saffron, and know they will make their meals without oil so it was a safe choice. For the dish I got, and they charge you for sauce if you want it, I got Sriracha sauce with it, came to $12.45. A bit pricey for the amount you think, but it is airport food so not too surprising.
Boise, Idaho

I got to Boise about 4pm. I like having time to settle in before starting work tomorrow. I didn't feel very good when I arrived though. Kind of bumpy ride in but I think the main problem was not drinking enough water during the trip. I could definitely tell I was very dehydrated. I made my usual stop at Whole Foods when I arrived to get some snacks for the week, dinner and lunch for tomorrow. I picked up a freshly made tangerine juice. I know Engine2Diet doesn't recommend drinking your calories. It seems to be I want fruitty drinks when traveling. Last time I got the smoothie, this time really wanted the juice.

I was very disappointed with this Whole Foods prepared foods selection. They must not be participating in the challenge because almost every item in their hot bar had oil! There was a couple soup options without oil so I got a white bean and kale soup for dinner. I made a salad for lunch tomorrow. The only dish on the hot bar without animal products or oil was udon noodles with peppers. It looked a bit shiny so I asked a worker to make sure there was no oil. He went and found out the answer and assured me no oil involved, just a peanut sauce. So I picked up some of that and added some additional vegetables to it from the salad bar (didn't eat it yet, will save it for lunch tomorrow). Udon noodles are white though so I don't think they exactly fit Engine2diet either. I did look at getting the rice/vegetable medley Engine2 sells but you can't microwave it in the package, it says in a microwave-safe bowl. Since I am in a hotel I do not have that. I also picked up a brown rice, avocado cucumber sushi roll. I ate the roll, soup and a green apple for dinner.  

I didn't bring Insanity with me this time. When talking about needing an exercise program to do, I forgot, you also have to like it or it will make it that much harder to do! I knew I would have the hotel gym this week so today I jogged 2 miles and did 15 minutes of strength training.

I am staying at Hampton Inn, it always smells like freshly baked cookies because they keep them on the counter. It smells good, they were there when I left the gym but no way, I was not tempted! Every once in awhile, I see something I used to eat and think I would like to eat it again, for example I passed 3 McDonalds to come here and thought some fries would be nice. Or sometimes, oddly enough since I haven't had beef in awhile, I just want an In-and-Out burger but it's not a physical craving, just in my mind so easy to not give in to it. It's just a thought. Physical cravings have finally gone mostly away for animal products. Cheese was the last craving to go, that took forever. It's been only a couple months that I haven't craved it, but that's a start!

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment