Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 20 - Great Restaurant Experience

For breakfast I decided to make Happy Herbivores drop biscuits with olive gravy. Had some spinach cooked in veggie broth with it. And a cup of coffee.

I also decided to make Happy Herbivores chocolate chip cookies. The batter is very liquidy, next time I'll take the suggestion of adding a banana to thicken it up. They came out really good though, a bit big and a little flat but very tasty.

I didn't have lunch I was still really tired from the day before since I still couldn't fall asleep last night until about 11pm and woke up at 6:30 since the examiner for life insurance came at 7am for blood draw. I cleaned the apartment in the morning so afternoon I decided to lay down for a bit and I took a quick nap, but rested for a couple hours.  The only exercise I did was Insanity Abs, it's just 15 minutes. But I did weigh myself this morning, lost 2.5 lbs since starting the challenge. Not much but at least it's something!


For dinner, Tony and I went out with a couple of friends. They suggested an Ethiopian restaurant, Muzita Bistro. They have a nice menu of meat and vegan options. I decided to call to make sure they could do no oil. They said it'd be fine.
When we got there and I asked them for no oil, the chef (Abel) came out to speak with me, asking which one in our group was the problem child. He just wanted to confirm what I could and could not have, and then let me know he would make me something special. He was very friendly and chatted with us a bit, letting us know no oil was no problem and that once someone came in who couldn't have spices or seeds. They had to go ahead and remove all the seeds from the tomatoes for that person's dish. So I didn't feel too bad! I had some white wine with dinner.
Abel later brought my dish out himself and let me know he had everyone in the kitchen taste it. That was the second dish he made, the first one the tasters complained had no flavor. The dish they brought me was excellent! He said he used black cardamom as a base. The dish consisted of salad, green cabbage with a tomato sauce and another spicy dish with green beans, zucchini and mushrooms. All with Ethiopian bread (Injera) to eat it with. It was a great experience not only because the food was so good, but the chef seemed to really enjoy making something different.

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment