Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 23 - More Work and Travel

Was working a bit north of LA today in Encino. Had some hotel oatmeal with craisins for breakfast.
Lunch I got an avocado wrap from Hugo's yesterday. It was soooo good! A whole wheat wrap filled with red hummus, avocado, cucumber, sprouts and a sesame-chile dressing on the side. Delicious.

I exercised in the morning, 20 minutes on the treadmill, but did walk about 5 of those minutes. I was pretty tired.

Worked on site 8:30-5. Someone else on site with me has lost a lot of weight in the last few months with a low-carb, high protein diet. We know those work with losing weight. But reading about the Engine2Diet, reading other books like the China Study, and listening to talks from some of the doctors who advocate these plant-strong diets, we know this isn't a great way to sustain weight and health. The food on the diet is all in packets that you add water or heat up or whatever. You do have fresh vegetables, but some you can't because too much sugar. Sugar in vegetables...  The diet sounds a bit like Atkins but she said it's not as much fat. The weight loss is great and she feels much better so that's good. Just with reading stuff, I feel so healthy having whole foods, no more processed foods. I did tell her the diet I am following but that's all.
The forks in the background means
Native Foods Cafe!
I tried medifast once, I did not feel healthy. I felt very lethargic but in my mind I just didn't feel healthy eating all from packets. Probably from things I've read. At that time, I went back to plant-based whole foods, minimal animal products and just felt a lot better.

I left the site around 5 to drive back to San Diego. Took about 3.5 hours. I stopped at a Native Foods Cafe for dinner. I love it there. They don't have as many options with no oil but
I can still get tasty food there. I picked up their taco salad (seitan as the taco "meat") and salsa as the dressing. I also got the macro bowl but didn't eat that today, just had the taco salad after I got home. On the ride home though I did have 2 Happy Herbivore cookies and a soy latte-no sugar.

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment