Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 2

 Well today was an easy day for food.  I love Whole Foods. Whenever I travel I look to see where one is.  The Huntington Beach location is on the way to where I had to work today in Los Alamitos, CA.  I stopped there, picked up some pineapple and made a salad for lunch. I love that they have no oil vegan salad dressings!

I also use http://www.happycow.net/ a lot when traveling. Finds vegan friendly restaurants for you.

Breakfast was oatmeal and raisins. Hotel free breakfasts always include oatmeal so that works out. I usually used to get their potatoes if offered too but I know those are covered in oil so skipped them.

After working I drove home a couple hours and was really tired on return.  I made one of my favorite, easy things to make. Cut potatoes in french fry shape, add garlic and a bunch of other spices and bake for about an hour. No oil needed and they still get crispy! I had that with the leftover kale, brown rice, cauliflower dish from yesterday.  Laziness did set in from all the driving and unpacking then packing again for another trip tomorrow. I did a little bit of strength training but nothing substantial. 

Just a nice picture from my drive home
Engine 2 Diet posted this nice blog today: http://forealslife.com/  She has a bunch of recipes, I am not close to being at the stage to make up my own recipes. She posted this page for workout ideas: http://www.fitnessblender.com/  I looked at it briefly but looks really great!  I met with a personal trainer once who told me people with a plan/routine are more successful then those without. Makes sense. Figuring this out and getting the habit and motivation back to do it is going to be my difficulty. 


#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment