Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 22 - Work and Travel

Today I worked in San Diego but then after work, drove up to LA for work tomorrow morning. Long day.

I had breakfast before I left-oatmeal and raisins.

For lunch, I picked up some food from Whole Foods yesterday. I had brown rice avocado sushi. I also got a salad with raisins, edamame, butternut squash, no oil. I only ate about 3/4 a cup of the salad though. I was very busy on site so didn't eat much.


I left the site at 5 and came up to LA. I wanted to try a place called Hugo's. Happy Herbivore posted about it on facebook and that she goes there often. I got there about 7:15pm (not a terrible drive I thought it would take me longer, especially at that time). They list soups with no oil and dressings but when I was looking for a main the waiter didn't seem to know what I could have with no oil. He got this big book of all the ingredients. Not so helpful to me just because it's such a big menu to go through it all, I had such a long day already, was hungry and maybe I was expecting it to be a bit easier to find something. So I just chose spring rolls appetizer - 2 with a sauce (all no oil). They have an option on the menu to choose a few different options and make your own meal out of them so I just decided to do that. I chose brown rice, broccolini with garlic and steamed mixed vegetables. I got it to go though since I was tired and a little bored sitting there by myself, I forgot to pack my book. I only ate a little of the rice and vegetables after exercising. I do get a little bored with just vegetables and really wanted to sit in a restaurant and have many tasty options available to me. Is there a no-oil plant strong fancy restaurant out there? I want to go to it!

Exercised when I got to the hotel: 30 minutes on the treadmill, 2.25 miles. I really didn't feel like it, it was about 8:30 when I finally got to my room so 8:45 when I got to the gym but it felt good to run a bit after sitting all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment