Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 17 - Oops Martinis

The Village in Idaho
Started out well today. 30 minutes on the treadmill before breakfast. Then oatmeal with raisins again for breakfast. Lunch was the same that I had from dinner last night, brown rice and vegetables with soy sauce.

For dinner I went with coworkers to the Yardhouse. We were going to grab a drink at happy hour so I had a martini. My coworker ordered a cosmo (he never tried a martini) and didn't realize it was so fruitty, not what he wanted so he ordered a dirty martini instead. I ended up having his also (I will say it was a long dinner, over 2 hours). They weren't very big but I feel so guilty writing that I had them!! I hope all my exercise cancels out the sugar of the drinks...

Dinner went well though. They have a vegetarian section on their menu with fake chicken said it's made of soy, wheat and whole grains. So I got that with vegetables and brown rice. I let them know no oil. The server had a manager come over to talk to me and let me know some of the sauces have dairy so I let her know I couldn't have that either. They gave me a mushroom sauce on the side that had no oil so I had that and it was very nice! I am so surprised at how easy it has been and how accommodating restaurants have been to the no oil request. It's nice! I forgot to take a picture when I first got my food so the one posted is after most is already eaten!

After dinner I did 20 more minutes on the treadmill and about 15 minutes of strength training (4 different exercises, 15 reps, 2 sets each).

I also got some more affirmation to this diet today. I went to eat with my coworker last night who asked questions about the diet and said he didn't think he could do it because he'd miss meat. I let him know how our taste buds change and how once you read the benefits and why you should eat this way it makes it easier. This morning he said a classmate of his died of a heart attack, young only about 41 I think. He said he thinks it may be a sign so I gave him the names of the 2 Engine2Diet books and the website, and also told him to read the China Study. When we went to dinner and met up with another coworker she had just gone to a funeral for someone who died of a heart attack who is also young with kids at home. I looked at my other co-worker, another sign! So hopefully he will give it a try.

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment