Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 25 - Training in San Diego

Today I had work training at a hotel next to our work office.  They provide us lunch and snacks and an email to let someone know if we have any dietary restrictions. I didn't email though. It's only 2 days of training, I thought it would be a bit much to ask for no animal products and no oil on top of that.  Last year when I had training at the same hotel it was for 5 weeks. We had a very nutrition and fitness conscious trainer.  I don't remember if I let them know I was vegan at that time, but there was a lot of steamed vegetables and salads I could eat. I was eating oil at that time.

This time, good thing I brought my own food-even the salad had cheese!
I had oatmeal and raisins for breakfast. At training they had pastries and fruit-I stuck with an apple and tea. Lunch, I made a sandwich. Engine2 burger on ezekial bread with Engine2 red pepper hummus, lettuce, tomato and cilantro. It was very tasty.
Snack in the afternoon, they brought us all chocolate! Chocolate candy bars, chocolate fudge and chocolate chip cookies. I had an orange...

Dinner, Tony suggested we go out. We had a $15 for $30 deal to Kensington Cafe. Tony goes there often for breakfast. I asked them if they could make something without oil. I had a side salad with balsamic vinegar and the main dish was red quinoa, zucchini, peas and kale. It was really tasty but not a lot of vegetables. A dish I can make at home, I'll just add a lot more vegetables.

I didn't exercise today. I am noticing I am having a hard time exercising when at home! Granted, by the time I got home from training it was after 6pm, and we went to dinner right away. But yeah, lazy excuses.  It's something I will just keep working on!


#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment