Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 18-Potatoes do Taste Better in Idaho!

I should be on the plane home right now, but I am in a Holiday Inn instead. Since 2:40pm my flight kept getting delayed more and more. By 6:30pm it was delayed from the original 8:30pm to 11:05pm. I knew since about 5 I would miss my connection from LA. By the time dinner was over around 7, my flight was delayed to midnight. I wouldn't get to LA until after 1am, then what, rent a car and drive home at that time? Or stay in LA airport until morning flights start up.
I went to the airport to see my options and while there my flight was canceled. They put me in a hotel and my flight out is at 6:15am, shuttle will get me at 4:30. I haven't been up that early in a very long time, well why would I be? 3.5 hour layover in Denver then home around 1pm. Maybe I'll be awake when Tony gets home from work so I can finally see him!

I woke up early and did 30 minutes on the treadmill before breakfast again. This time though my legs felt pretty tired, I walked about 6 of those minutes and jogged the rest.

For breakfast I had my usual oatmeal with raisins. Lunch, I got a salad from the Yardhouse last night. Lettuce, corn, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, celery with balsamic vinegar for the dressing. I also had a little bit of the brown rice and vegetables from dinner last night so had that too.

I went to dinner with a coworker to Outback Steakhouse. I got a side salad wth no cheese and no croutons and balsamic vinegar for dressing. For dinner I had a plain baked potato with steamed carrots and broccoli. The picture might look plain but let me say, potatoes are better in Idaho! It was so good! Just added some freshly cracked pepper, the outside of the potato did have some salt on it (made it really tasty). I said no oil on anything and the waitress just said sure. It was a good dinner.

I have been very surprised with how easy it has been to eat out on this diet. It is definitely something I will keep doing after the 28 days. Especially having to eat out so often because of work its a great way to make sure I keep the calories down and stay healthy. I've also been surprised that I have been able to get up in the morning and workout before breakfast. I used to try this before and besides being tired and not wanting to get out of bed, I would feel too hungry and a bit weak to do it. But these few days were great. Not quite the same once I home because no treadmill with big flat screen TV right downstairs to use :-)

#E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment