Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3/5/14-Cheated with a bit of Oil

Stayed up near Newport Beach today. Regular hotel oatmeal with raisins for breakfast. Very watery oatmeal.

I ordered the Cali Roll from Au Lac ($12. Not enough for a full meal though, I was hungry shortly after) that I went to last night. It has pine nuts, bell pepper, avocado, cucumber, and I didn't know coconut until I just looked at their website right now, all as a sushi roll.  It was very good, the ginger it came with tasted a bit sour.

Dinner, I picked up from my favorite place, Native Foods Cafe. This is where I cheated, I ordered their fries. The spices on them are so good, I had a 2 hour drive home and fries are such a great snack on the road.  Must find a new great snack. And I need to find out what spies they use so I can make my own baked, no oil fries.

I also got their Moroccan Bowl, without oil so substituted black beans for the tofu and added kale. I felt funny ordering the rest of my stuff with no oil, then I add french fries to the order. Oh well, I cheated but at least I minimized the cheating. Ate half that bowl so have some for dinner tomorrow too. Also finished my Scotch Rocks with a lovely cup of the Mighty Leaf Tea.  Not pricey either: $8.95 for the salad (it's a meal, not a side salad), $11.95 for the Bowl and $1.95 for the fries.

I want to get a vegan cookbook with some really different types of recipes. Different types of cuisines, not just american or mexican food. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  I think I will also order Rawsome Vegan Baking by Emily Von Euw. Her desserts look delicious. My hesitation is so many raw desserts use coconut, which if following the Engine2Diet, we should stay away from. Plus my husband is not a fan. One of the coaches on Engine2 said if used for baking substitute applesauce so I think I will get the book and go that route.


No comments:

Post a Comment