Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3/4/14-Awesome Food Today!

Before I get to my awesome dinner have to get through the beginning of the day:

I had to drive up to Newport Beach from San Diego for work today. Had an ezekial english muffin (saw them in the store for the first time yesterday so thought to try it) with almond butter and a banana. I did stop at Starbucks for a soy latte, they have become a new favorite of mine. I asked the workers, they said it is just espresso and soy milk so shouldn't be too bad for me, right?

I went to Mothers Market to pick up lunch before work. There is one right near the site I was going to today. Again, their fresh pre-made food all contained oil, except fruit salad. So I got some fruit salad (about $5.50 for a medium container) and a side salad. Good salad-had mushrooms, beets, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro-jalapeno dressing that had no oil. The dressing was pretty spicy, I liked it, made the salad that much more interesting. The salad came with brown rice. I thought that was weird (option was bread or brown rice) but nice addition (and all for $4.75. I think that is a great price for those items!). I had half the salad, a couple bites of the rice and half the fruit salad-coworker enjoyed the other half.

Before dinner I went to the hotel gym and the machines were used up so did 20 minutes of strength training instead of treadmill.

Now, dinner. I wanted to go to a really nice raw food restaurant I had tried before in Santa Ana called Au Naturaw. Good thing I tried calling and when that didn't work, checked Yelp-they closed! But Yelp showed me some other places around, I decided to try one called Au Lac (http://aulac.com/). Wow!! I will go there everytime I am up here, it was delicious. All vegan, their menu has a mixture of raw and cooked foods. Unfortunately all their pho has oil in the broth but I of course found other good options. I wanted to get so many things. From the server's suggestion, I got BBQ Pork Rolls (soy pork of course-$4) with a peanut sauce. They were delicious, came with 3 I ate them all pretty quickly. For my main I got raw curried rice ($15). It's soaked organic wild rice with a bunch of vegetables including zucchini pasta, cauliflower, avocado, cilantro, olives, crispy onions (I guess dehydrated?) and wonderful spices. I ate about half of it and was full (well that and I wanted to save room for the dessert).

Dessert, I got their Scotch on the Rocks ($7). It says scotch rocks on the receipt. I wonder what my manager will think when she reviews my expense report. Ordering scotch would be quite different for me. I wrote it's a dessert on the receipt but then thought liquor scotch could be a dessert so added cake :-)
It's actually a raw dessert- a butterscotch-macadamia filling with walnut crust and raspberry sauce. Oh my so nice. I have eaten half so far but the night is still young. I got it as take-out and the bag they gave me was this nice maroon canvas tote with their logo on it. I couldn't believe that's their take out bag, it's lovely!

I needed a really nice tasty restaurant where I can easily order food without oil, animal products, the dessert has no coconut either as many raw desserts too. I will just say I am very content tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment